We are looking for a news-hungry, social savvy, data-driven Social Media Producer with strong storytelling skills and a mobile-first mindset to join our Shanghai regional content operation for Asia Pacific, serving a major global mobility company.
The Social Media Producer will create and curate sharable content for the best possible user experience across all of our social platforms throughout the Asia-Pacific region. The ideal candidate is passionate about social content development, production and marketing and understands how to use content and social media to tell stories and create rich social engagement experiences. This person should be able to react quickly to breaking news and social trends and actively listen to the content needs of our social media audience. A firm understanding of all the major social platforms in Asia is essential.
• Use social listening tools & methods to discover unique stories.
• React quickly to breaking news and trends.
• Create engaging social content (stories, videos, galleries).
• Generate fresh editorial content using fantastic copywriting skills.
• Collaborate with producers, designers and video editors to execute original editorial concepts.
• Be the eyes and ears of our client’s brand, thus reporting key and relevant information to the content team.
• Make calls to sources and client to confirm information
• Develop the social media editorial calendar to align with all network priorities.
• Execute multi-platform content plans for major events and projects.
• Engage with our audience on our social platforms.
• Create monthly reports including key campaigns and metrics.
Skills & Abilities:
• Proficient knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite of applications is strongly preferred.
• Professional level of English-language proficiency is essential, knowledge of at least one other major Asian language preferred but not required.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a large, client-focused organization
• At least 3-4 years of previous social media experience at a major brand, publication or agency including writing, community management and multimedia content production.
• A comprehensive understanding of the major social media platforms in both China and Asia Pacific along with the cultures that help to shape those digital communities
• An understanding of how to write compelling content across different platforms (Twitter vs. Facebook vs. LinkedIn for example)
• Flexibility to respond to unanticipated demands/opportunities under tight deadlines
To be considered for this position, candidates must submit an online portfolio that features relevant samples of previous work.